- Canton, GA
Crane Materials International (CMI) is a Crane Group company. Founded in 1947, the Crane Group has a long history of manufacturing innovative vinyl products from the hula hoop, to Gator aluminum docks and bridges for beloved theme parks to protecting the San Francisco airport from sea level rises. Even outfield athletic walls, we have done it all. Join our team, in innovation and growth.
The Maintenance Tech is an employee who conducts machine troubleshooting, repair, and preventative services. The role is to ensure that the team achieves the Company’s goals and abides by all safety, housekeeping, quality, and pounds & yield standards, set forth on a daily basis. The Extrusion Shift Lead works in conjunction with other Shift Leads, Tooling & Maintenance Technicians, Materials Coordinator, Production Scheduler & Manager. The Maintenance Tech plays a vital role in controlling the plants overall efficiencies through downtime management and preventive measures.
- Must lead by example, enforce all safety rules, work in a safe & appropriate manner, and ensure all safety related incidents are documented & communicated
- Housekeeping of all assigned areas must be up to the set area standards. Daily responsible for upkeep and improvement.
- Perform all Maintenance related functions of all plant operational & facility equipment
- Inventory and request needed supplies
- Perform scheduled or unscheduled repairs, inspections, or improvements as necessary
- Perform all PM’s, capital projects, and repair projects based on production priority
- Manage time & work orders through the Maintenance system
- Ensure maintenance documentation & tracking and other necessary paperwork is completed on time and correctly 100% of the time
- Ensures continuity from shift to shift through communication
- Any necessary “other” assigned work to be completed at management’s instruction
- Proficient in administrative and computer functions
- Communication proficiency
- Great attention to detail
- Professional, fair, balanced people skills
- Problem Solving & Analysis skills
- Time management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in basic forklift, pneumatic, and hydraulic system
- Electrical Abilities
- Able to read and perform work from Electrical blueprints
- Evidence of 3 phase electrical training
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting
- Experience in troubleshooting, programing and installing PLC’s
- Skilled Welder (MIG, TIG, Aluminum) able to read and operate from blueprints
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience
- 1-3 years manufacturing maintenance or relative experience
- Basic computer skills
- Fluency in English
- MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Crane Materials International is an EEOC Employer and a Drug-Free Work Place, offering a competitive compensation and benefits package. EVERIFY participant. CMI does not accept unsolicited resumes from vendors, including recruitment agencies, and/or search firms unless pre-approved by Director of Human Resources. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.