Customer Retention Representative
- Phoenix, AZ
Your Career at Cox
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
As a Customer Retention Representative, you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as a front-line representative of the Cox brand. The Customer Retention Representative is part of a supportive, service-oriented team that:
• Responds to call center customer retention calls for all Cox residential services and product lines.
• Identifies and resolves customer issues.
• Exercises creative negotiation skills to motivate customers to continue using Cox services.
• Offers additional or upgraded services, while providing a quality customer experience.
• Lives the Cox Values, by demonstrating an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Customer Retention Representative, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Receive inbound retention calls from current customers, for sales and revenue generation, in a high-intensity call center environment.
• Utilize proactive persuasive/retention skills to turn requests for disconnection or downgrade into sales and save opportunities by identifying customer needs.
• Achieve monthly key performance metrics, call and order entry productivity standards, and call quality performance through utilization of persuasive skills, defined call flow structure, and adherence to provided schedule.
• Educate customers on active product features, service offerings, billing, charges, and product value.
• Understand and promote current marketing campaigns in order to sell to or save customers accurately and effectively.
• Increase revenue through up-selling and cross-selling video, HSI, wireless, and telephony services to existing customers.
• Research and review competitive pricing and service offerings in order to provide competitive price and product comparisons based on customer needs.
• Responsible for utilizing multiple customer databases to access, change or input account information for customers.
• Provide outstanding customer service, troubleshoot and resolve service and minor technical problems for customers by asking appropriate questions.
• Creatively negotiate pricing and bundling by making offers of credits and/or discounts according to Company guidelines.
• Complete installation, disconnect, transfer and seasonal downgrade orders and update customer accounts utilizing customer record database.
• Other duties as assigned.
• HS diploma, GED, or relevant work experience.
• Effective communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• Excellent ability to pursuade others through indirect influence.
• Demonstrated ability to seek out and seize opportunities and take initiative with little or no direction.
• Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative customer relationships in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment.
• Eligibility to work in the United States.
• Experience in telecommunications industry.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
APPLY AT: http://www.cox.com/aboutus/careers/search-jobs.cox (JOB CODE 142435)