Rigging & Skinning Specialist - Remote Contract Work
Covenant is an indie creative house offering well-executed, fresh gameplay experiences. The company works only on original, proprietary IPs and greatly relies on employee empowerment to develop those brands into globally recognizable franchises. It is also the first polish gamedev that earned the title of the 'Best Place to Work' in Poland (2021).
Currently, the company is developing "Gord" - a single-player, adventure-strategy game featuring developing societies, eerie forbidden lands, and remarkable mythical creatures.
- Creating high-quality Rigging and Skinning for in-game character models.
- Assisting with pipeline tools and working with Tech Artist, Lead Character Artist, and Animations Lead to continuous improvement of those technical tools.
- Working with 3D Graphic Artists to create optimal meshes that will get the best deformations and allow for a wide range of motion.
- Collaborating with animators on designing motion controls.
- At least a year of experience in a related or similar position.
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Strong experience with MAYA
- Good understanding of hardware and software technical limitations and challenges.
- Familiarity and experience with the entire animation pipeline.
- Professionalism and a high work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Advanced English language skills.
- Long-term, remote work relationship with a small, indie studio.
- Highest organizational standards with a strong emphasis on strategic planning.