Environment Artist - Remote contract work
Covenant is an indie creative house offering well-executed, fresh gameplay experiences. The company works only on original, proprietary IPs and greatly relies on employee empowerment to develop those brands into globally recognizable franchises. It is also the first polish gamedev that earned the title of the 'Best Place to Work' in Poland (2021).
Currently, the company is developing "Gord" - a single-player, adventure-strategy game featuring developing societies, eerie forbidden lands, and remarkable mythical creatures.
- Creating high-poly sculpts and low-poly in-game models of various environmental structures based on original concepts provided.
- Creating original textures using various tools and middleware.
- Cooperating with the Tech Artist in setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible final quality.
- Ensuring that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Adhering to technical specifications.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Between 3 to 10 years of game industry experience as an Environment Artist.
- Excellent skills in one of the leading modeling packages (e.g. MAYA) and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of composition, color theory, & lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Professionalism and a high work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Advanced English language skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance, Houdini, World Machine).
- Basic knowledge about Level Design.
- Shipped a PC / Console video game.
- Long-term, remote work relationship with a small, indie studio.
- Highest organizational standards with a strong emphasis on strategic planning.