VFX artist - Remote Contract Work
Covenant is an indie creative house offering well-executed, fresh gameplay experiences. The company works only on original, proprietary IPs and greatly relies on employee empowerment to develop those brands into globally recognizable franchises. It is also the first polish gamedev that earned the title of the 'Best Place to Work' in Poland (2021).
Currently, the company is developing "Gord" - a single-player, adventure-strategy game featuring developing societies, eerie forbidden lands, and remarkable mythical creatures.
- Creating real-time special effects (ie. environment effects, flames, dust, fog, water, blood etc.)
- Creating components such as textures, materials, meshes, liquid simulations etc.
- Creating special effects from a concept to the final version
- Optimizing and debugging existing VFX
- At least a year of experience in a related or similar position.
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine 4, including using tools related to materials and VFXes
- Good knowledge of composition, color theory & lighting.
- Good understanding of hardware and software technical limitations and challenges.
- Experience with various software packages including Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush / Mudbox, Substance Designer.
- Professionalism and a high work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Advanced English language skills.
- Long-term, remote work relationship with a small, indie studio.
- Highest organizational standards with a strong emphasis on strategic planning.