Tech Artist (VFX oriented) - Remote contract work
- al. Jana Pawła II 80, 00-175 Warszawa, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
Covenant is an indie creative house offering well-executed, fresh gameplay experiences. The company works only on original proprietary IPs. Currently, developing two multiplatform (PC & consoles) titles simultaneously.
Covenant puts a great effort into the highest organizational standards and excels at both operational and strategic planning. It is also the first and only polish gamedev that holds a globally-recognizable certificate 'Great Place to Work'.
- Participating in an iterative game design process by cooperating closely with designers, artists, programmers and production staff.
- Creating impressive and efficient in-game visual effects based on design and concept art provided, that enhance mood, tell a story, and make the world feel alive.
- Creating materials and shaders for characters, creatures, environment assets, and props.
- Setting up proper lighting, fog, color grading, and post-process effects to improve the visuals of every level.
- Ensuring that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Adhering to technical specifications.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Tracking and fixing bugs.
- Between 3 to 10 years of game industry experience as a Tech Artist or VFX Artist.
- Good knowledge of composition, color theory & lighting.
- Solid knowledge of Unreal Engine Blueprints, materials, and level streaming
- Good understanding of hardware and software technical limitations and challenges.
- Good understanding of trigonometry and vector math.
- Good understanding of level design, environment art, animation or coding.
- Experience with various software packages including Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush / Mudbox, Substance Designer.
- Professionalism and a high work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Advanced English language skills.
Nice to have
- Solid knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Solid knowledge and experience in using Houdini for games and/or movie production.
- Experience writing in various scripting languages: MAXScript, Python, MATLAB.
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya, Python or C++ is a plus.
- Shipped a PC / Console video game.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.).
- Long-term, remote work relationship with a small, indie studio.
- Highest organizational standards with a strong emphasis on strategic planning.