Character Artist - Remote contract work
- al. Jana Pawła II 80, 00-175 Warszawa, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
Covenant is an indie creative house offering well-executed, fresh gameplay experiences. The company works only on original proprietary IPs. Currently, developing two multiplatform (PC & consoles) titles simultaneously.
Covenant puts a great effort into the highest organizational standards and excels at both operational and strategic planning. It is also the first and only polish gamedev that holds a globally-recognizable certificate 'Great Place to Work'.
- Participating in an iterative game design process by cooperating closely with designers, artists, programmers and production staff.
- Creating high-poly sculpts and low-poly in-game models of various creatures and human characters based on original concepts provided.
- Creating original textures using various tools and middleware.
- Cooperating with the Tech Artist in setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible final quality.
- Ensuring that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Adhering to technical specifications.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Between 3 to 10 years of game industry experience as a Character Artist.
- Excellent skills in one of the leading modeling packages (e.g. MAYA) and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of composition, color theory & lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Professionalism and a high work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Advanced English language skills.
Nice to have
- Shipped a PC / Console video game.
- Long-term, remote work relationship with a small, indie studio.
- Highest organizational standards with a strong emphasis on strategic planning.