- 333 John Carlyle St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is a national association of social work education programs and individuals that ensures and enhances the quality of social work education for a professional practice that promotes individual, family, and community well-being, and social and economic justice. CSWE pursues this mission by setting and maintaining national accreditation standards for baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in social work, by promoting faculty development, and by advocating for social work education and research.
The meeting sales and logistics coordinator is in charge of the exhibit, sponsorship and advertising sales and fulfillment needs for these sales for the annual program meeting and other educational conferences of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The incumbent also provides logistical support for conference planning and related processes as needed.
Exhibits, Sponsorships and Advertising
· Develop, sell, manage and execute APM exhibit booths, sponsorships and advertising.
· Play an active role in obtaining exhibitor industry prospects while qualifying exhibitor sales leads for updates to our exhibitor contacts database while emphasizing exhibitor retention best practices
· Prospecting of new sponsors and advertising sales.
· Design exhibit floor plan layout to maximize booth sales
· Manage exhibit sales, booth assignments, floor plan changes, customer service issues, payment processes and policies and exhibit space allocation
· Manage the exhibit sales prospect list, first right of refusals, development selection process for exhibitions including fostering current relationships and seeking prospective parties
· Create sponsorship value while maintaining sponsorship effectiveness to costs.
· Manage all aspects of sponsorship sales, fulfillment, execution and satisfaction/evaluations. coordinate with internal divisions/departments and external partners for effective execution
· Service kit development and approval, field all questions from Exhibitors regarding marketing, email updates, location, booths, furniture, electric, internet.
· Responsible for collection of graphics, photos, logos structure designs, sponsorship branding locations, signage placement
· Liaison between exhibit hall logistics vendor and exhibitors
· Point of contact for decorating company to include setup and tear down of hall
· Responsible for the exhibitor move-in registration
· Make appointments, accept walk-ins for exhibit, sponsorship and advertising sales·
· Work with decorating company to confirm placement of all branding and signage locations
· Exhibitor registration website development, testing, reporting, assignment of booth passcodes
· Liaison between registration company, online database vendors and organization
· Manage and oversee web site development for exhibits and sponsorships for all APM event exhibits and sponsorships.
· Oversee website updates/additions of exhibit booths, sponsorships sold, promote sponsorships still available,
· Collaborate on mobile app with material lists, descriptions loaded to/on mobile app
· Work with accounting to audit payments, balance dues, revenue allocations for exhibitor, sponsorship and advertising sales.
· Create exhibitor webinar
· Development of sponsored APM countdown email content including cross promotion with CSWE departments (as promised to sponsor)
· Design, copyedited and coordinate design of graphic elements, fact sheets, infographics, promotional products, logos for all signage, charging station structures, digital and social media advertising and print advertising
· Create year-round deadlines for exhibits, prelim program, final program, exhibit registration, advertisements, payments
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 - 5 years’ related work experience, preferably in a national membership association
· 3 - 5 years in association sales and operations
· Demonstrated experience in identifying value creation opportunities and executing on a plan to ensure the value is capitalized on
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills in building relationships with internal and external customers
· Ability to work collaboratively with all CSWE departments and outside vendors
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely, courteous and professional manner and excel in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer service orientation
· Proficient in all components of Microsoft Office 365, Informz, Adobe, Database management experience (iMIS and Confex preferred), Freeman passport signage database
This position is based in CSWE’s Alexandria, VA, office and residency in or relocation to the DC Metropolitan area is required. However, all CSWE positions will work remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic until further notice.
The position is primarily sedentary and is performed in an office setting. Position requires ability to communicate effectively, and the ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment. Periodic out-of-town travel is also required. To be qualified, you must have the requisite skills, experience and education for the job and must also be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The Council on Social Work Education provides reasonable accommodations to applicants upon request. Ability to travel within the United States and internationally
Please submit your resume, cover letter and desired salary range.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.