Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated plugs for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industries in Merritt Island, Florida and Sweetwater, TN. Merritt Precision, a Correct Craft Company, provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision is helping create a better tomorrow today. To learn more visit https://merrittprecision.com
Are you someone that loves to work with their hands? Do you like to work on a team that creates excellence? If you have exceptional skills and want to help create exceptional products in our manufacturing facility, please call us today! This is a great way for you to start with our wonderful company.
Lamination – Hand lay and roll multiple layers of fiberglass material. Can work with resins and catalyst safely and effectively. Needs to be able to work with a wide range of materials and applications related to FRP.
- Identify the different parts and processes that are to be laminated.
- Use rollers, brushes, and hand lay fiberglass.
- Eliminate bubbles in fiberglass once it has been applied.
- Use small hand tools to include scissors, razor knife etc.
- Light sanding and grinding of parts when necessary.
- Must be flexible and willing to cross train within the department
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Follow instruction of Manager/Supervisor/Lead
· Inspects all parts so that they are complete and up to quality standards.
· Any other duties as assigned by management.
· Must comply with all OSHA and safety procedures.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Manage one’s own time and respecting the time of others.
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Must be able to work effectively as an individual or with a team.
- Must be able to perform tasks under time pressure deadlines.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Tools used in this occupation include but are not limited to:
· Personal Protective Equipment- Safety Glasses, half- mask respirator, Tyvek protection suit. Hand Tools- Rollers, Fiberglass chop gun, sanders, and scissors. Working directly with fiberglass and resin. Be able to use and maintain a variety of hand tools.
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off