Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated molds for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry in Sweetwater, TN. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
This is a critical position in the production of our high quality molds. Working successfully in our team environment is key, and the perfect candidate must have an eye for detail. Candidates will properly mix gelcoat and putties when making repairs and individuals in this position will buff and sand parts as needed.
- Perform tasks under time sensitive deadlines
- Identify and correct imperfections in the gel-coat
- Operate forklift as needed
- Sand/Buff areas as needed
- Repair fiberglass molds and tooling using specialty gelcoats, buffing with wax, polish, compound, fillers, putty, and/or paste
- Use hand tools that may include gel-coat spray equipment, drill, buffer, die grinder, polishing compounds, orbital sanders or other specialty tools
- Must be able to work in non-climate-controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature.
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment when necessary
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Experienced working with Fiberglass
- Experienced working with hand and power tools
- Able to squat, climb, bend, etc. as needed
- Experienced using an Orbital Sander
- Experience repairing boat molds
- Experience working in a fiberglass manufacturing facility
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.