- 306 Sweetwater Vonore Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874, USA
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated plugs for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industries. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides a high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
Are you someone that loves to work with their hands? Do you like to work on a team that creates excellence? If you have exceptional skills and want to help create outstanding products in our manufacturing facility, please apply today! This is a great way for you to start with our wonderful company.
You will be hand laying and rolling multiple layers of fiberglass material. You will need to be able to work with resins and catalyst safely and effectively. It is necessary to work with a wide range of materials and applications related to FRP processes.
The work schedule is 4:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Identify the different parts and processes that are to be laminated
- Use rollers, brushes, and hand lay fiberglass
- Eliminate bubbles in fiberglass once it has been applied
- Use small hand tools to include scissors, razor knife, etc.
- Light sanding and grinding of parts when necessary
- Keep the work area clean and orderly
- Inspect all parts so that they are complete and up to quality standards
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Must comply with all OSHA and safety procedures
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Manage one’s own time and respecting the time of others.
- Must be able to work effectively as an individual or with a team.
- Must be able to perform tasks under time pressure deadlines
- Must have strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Tools used in this occupation include but are not limited to:
- Personal Protective Equipment: Safety Glasses, Half-Mask Respirator, and Tyvek Protection Suit
- Hand Tools: Rollers, Fiberglass chop gun, sanders, and scissors.
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.