CNC Programmer/Mill Operator-Engineer
- 3425 N Courtenay Pkwy, Merritt Island, FL 32953, USA
Watershed aims to work with and invest in early-stage, high-growth companies that have emerging or disruptive technologies and then integrate these ideas into markets we understand. As a Correct Craft Company, Watershed’s core values are built around people, performance, and philanthropy, and we approach business with these in mind. Our extensive network through our sister companies means we are connected to world-class brands, distribution and operations. We partner with companies developing technologies that are strategically aligned with our business including energy and propulsion, artificial intelligence, software and analytics, advanced materials, sensors, wireless, robotics and automation.
As a CNC Programmer/Mill Operator-Engineer you will be responsible for all production Master and Plug development utilizing a large gantry cartesian robot. This will include writing and developing the engineering strategies for the tool paths and buck construction. This will include managing the safe operation of the work envelope and the personnel needed in all aspects of construction.
- Ensure the safety of all workers by complying with all OSHA and safety procedures
- Use Siemens NX to develop cutting strategies and toolpaths for the machining of plugs/masters
- Must be able to design support structures for the plugs/masters
- Operate large form factor Fanuc CNC machines
- Make manual program adjustments as necessary
- Supervise the machine to ensure toolpath validity
- Inspect all parts to ensure accuracy with the design model
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Understand the priority schedule and allocate machine time accordingly
Skills and abilities for success in this position:
- Time management and a project-oriented mindset
- Must have strong attention to detail
- A strong understanding of CAD/CAM software
- The ability to read and understand G code is a plus
- Must be able to work effectively as an individual or with a team
- Effective communication skills
Tools and Software:
- Siemens NX
- Microsoft Office Suite
- G code
Knowledge, Education, and Experience includes but is not limited to:
- Technical controls background or related technical field (B.S. Mechanical Engineering a plus)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of CAD/CAM
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- Innovative mindset, which generates growing, scalable, data-driven solutions and culture
- Practical experience with sound technical skills, analytical ability, decisive, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player and can work in a small team, with little supervision
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature.
- Must be able to bend at waist and knees and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see and identify small quality defects.
- Position requires repetitive arm, hand and shoulder movements.
- Fine motor skills required for multiple tasks.
- Must be able to climb into and out of interior of plugs.
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment to include respirator when necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds when necessary.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance after 90 days
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan
- Offering DailyPay
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.