R & D Engineering Tech.
- 1737 US-76, Little Mountain, SC 29075, USA
Working hard for something we love is called PASSION.
Pleasurecraft Engine Group proudly manufactures marine engines in Little Mountain, SC. With the overall mission of “Building Engines to the Glory of God”, Pleasurecraft strives to be recognized as the employer of choice by building an environment focused on making life better for our employees, our industry, and our community.
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Pleasurecraft Engine Group’s Research & Development Engineering Technician will provide operational support for the Research and Development product development teams.
The Technician will be responsible for supporting all plant and outside processes that affect the quality or efficiency of the products. This includes the implementation of 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
CORE POSITION JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
Deliver documentation offering analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
Operate equipment efficiently with a minimum of downtime to meet daily development objectives.
Will work in a structured environment where activities are governed by written procedures and priorities can change daily
Partner with R&D engineers to deliver exceptional development operational support.
Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues.
Initiate ideas and solutions to enhance product reliability and performance.
Perform fundamental equipment troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
Actively participate in all team continuous improvement training and skill development activities.
Work with limited supervision to complete both assigned and self-identified tasks
Manage required compliance programs Support methodical root cause analysis and resolve non-compliance in part performance.
Analyze technology, resource needs, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
Provide strategies and guidance regarding technical concepts
Explore new product opportunities
Maintain current knowledge of competitor’s activity and significant changes
- Education and/or equivalent experience equaling a two-year technical degree
- Ability to maintain a driving record to meet PEG’s insurance coverage minimum requirements
- Strong mechanical aptitude for marine engines and R&D testing methodologies
- Strong project management skills are required to bring in projects on time and on budget while meeting the goals for efficiency and quality
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to build effective partnerships within the business community
- Ability to work collaboratively to solve problems and remain open to try new ways of doing things Ability to focus on highly detailed tasks to ensure accuracy
- Must exhibit a passionate customer focus
- A relentless drive to succeed and present a quality product
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects at a time
- Excellent prioritization, time management and project development skills
- Flexible – willingness to work off-shifts and weekends to accomplish goals
- Positive attitude with the ability to support the Company’s goals and mission
- Must use excellent ethical business practices and good judgment in dealings
- High safety focus with the desire to maintain a safe work environment in an industrial setting
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- The ability to travel as required
- Associate degree in a mechanical or technical discipline
- Experience with marine components, manufacturing, and/or test systems
- Experience working in a team environment
- Basic Understanding of marine/automotive engines
- Experience operating a marine craft
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement or contract of employment, expressed or implied. Unless designated in writing and signed by Pleasurecraft Engine Group’s President, all Pleasurecraft Engine Group employees are considered to be “EMPLOYED AT WILL.”
Pleasurecraft Engine Group reserves the right to change, alter and amend job postings to serve the needs of the Company.
- EOE, Including Disability/Vets