- 1208 Old Norris Rd, Liberty, SC 29657, USA
Working hard for something we love is called PASSION.
Pleasurecraft Engine Group proudly manufactures transmissions in Liberty, SC. With the overall mission of “Building Engines to the Glory of God”, Pleasurecraft strives to be recognized as the employer of choice by building an environment focused on making life better for our employees, our industry, and our community.
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Velvet Drive Transmission’s Manufacturing Engineering will be responsible for all plant and outside processes that affect the quality, efficiency, and design of Velvet Drive Transmission products. This includes the implementation of 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for testing and implementing new products and processes, on new and existing products, refining existing processes and purchase of capital equipment.
CORE POSITION JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews which may include Production Part Approval Process, job instruction development, test process development, and production associate training plan.
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting error
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of each project
- Develop CAD project drawings and review drawings from Engineering team members for accuracy
- Develop documentation to transfer knowledge to project stakeholders on a frequent basis.
- Collaborates with other engineering team members to ensure system coordination and integration with specific project requirements.
- Frequent interaction with production team to gain feedback regarding new processes .
- Support methodical root cause analysis and resolve non-compliance in part performance.
- Develop needed infrastructure to ensure Manufacturing Engineering Competency
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, and market demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Recommends the procurement of materials for testing and manufacturing processes.
- Provides strategies and guidance regarding technical concepts
- Supports integration of new acquisition initiatives
- Maintain current knowledge of competitor’s activities and significant changes
- Participates in and ensures complete documentation of all product validation activities
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for improvements to increase efficiency as production demand increases.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing related experience
- Experience creating and updating manufacturing process related documentation
- Experience with the release and qualification of production equipment.
- Passionate customer focus
- A relentless drive to succeed.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude and Engineering Management skills
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures
- Excellent prioritization, time management and project development skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to support the Company’s goals and mission
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to build effective partnerships within
- the business community.
- Must use excellent ethical business practices and good judgment in dealings.
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD Software
- Experience in Gear Design and Manufacturing
- Machining experience a plus
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement or contract of employment, expressed or implied. Unless designated in writing and signed by Pleasurecraft Engine Group’s President, all Pleasurecraft Engine Group employees are considered to be “EMPLOYED AT WILL.”
Pleasurecraft Engine Group reserves the right to change, alter and amend job postings to serve the needs of the Company.
- EOE, Including Disability/Vets