- 3425 N Courtenay Pkwy, Merritt Island, FL 32953, USA
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated plugs for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry in Merritt Island, Florida. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
As a Block Sander, you will be requested to apply your skills in many different areas, but will have a high focus on block sanding. These areas are but not limited to a lamination gunrunner, applying spray putty, block sanding, and building plug bunks within the mill envelope.
- Running a lamination chop gun
- Applying spray putty to the plugs
- Rolling fiberglass once it has been applied
- Block sanding plugs (dry and wet sand)
- Using various hand tools as needed
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Inspects all parts so that they are complete and up to quality standards.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work effectively as an individual or with a team. Be able to use and maintain a variety of hand tools.
- Some Knowledge of fiberglass and composites
- Be able to complete basic installations.
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs as needed
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Must be able to climb in and out of the plug
- Able to wear Personal Protective Equipment- Safety Glasses, half- mask respirator, Tyvek protection suit
- Able to work directly with fiberglass and resin
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits: health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Incentive Plan
Merritt Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.