Bill of Materials Administrator
- 306 Sweetwater Vonore Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874, USA
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated plugs for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry in Merritt Island, Florida. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
As a Correct Craft Company, Watershed’s Merritt Precision portrays core values that are built around people, performance, and philanthropy, and we approach business with these in mind. Our extensive network through our sister companies means we are connected to world-class brands, distribution and operations. We partner with companies developing technologies that are strategically aligned with our business including energy and propulsion, artificial intelligence, software and analytics, advanced materials, sensors, wireless, robotics and automation. For more information please visit www.correctcraft.com
To document and create accurate Bill of Materials for our ERP system that informs the Manufacturing teams daily production and all components necessary to manufacture our products to ensure accurate pricing, inventory accuracy and product fulfillment. Accuracy in this position is critical to the Merritt Precision business plan.
- Critical analysis of parts and processes to create and maintain an accurate Bill of Materials
- Coordinate with Engineering team to manage a preliminary Bill of Materials for new programs
- Track the preliminary Bill of Materials through the engineering and prototyping phase to maintain accuracy
- Working with Engineering team on BOM template.
- Integrate the Add/Delete parts list and work closely with the sourcing specialist
- Work on new BOMs configurations with ERP system, Epicor.
- Communicating Bill of Materials information to the Materials and Purchasing Departments as it is captured.
- Capture and document the individual components that comprise the Bill of Materials for each model
- Manage ERP Bill of Materials database and communicate configurator rules to Computer Services.
- Maintain consistency and accuracy in describing parts and part numbers for production and documentation
- Auditing Bill of Materials when needed to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Provide additional support and conduct special projects as determined by the Operations Manager.
- Liaison between materials and engineering departments
Skills and abilities for success in this position:
- Willingness to take directions from multiple sources.
- Customer-oriented, positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to be flexible and amenable to change in schedules.
- Ability to implement programs in a timely manner.
- Ability to project ideas skillfully and communicate effectively with all level of persons in all walks of life.
- Understanding of supply chain management of manufacturing parts
- Understanding of the manufacturing process
- Analytical skills
- Buying skills
- Software skills: Epicor, Vantage, Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience Required:
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, proofreading skills
- Experience working closely with accounting
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with internet and e-mail process.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Understanding of basic office practices and procedures.
- Normal office conditions (heat and air-condition), up and down stairs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in non-climate-controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature occasionally.
- Must be able to bend at waist and knees and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds when necessary.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan
- Access to our onsite Workout Facility
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.