Human Resources Generalist
- 306 Sweetwater Vonore Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874, USA
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated plugs for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry in Merritt Island, Florida. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
As a Correct Craft Company, Watershed’s Merritt Precision portrays core values that are built around people, performance, and philanthropy, and we approach business with these in mind. Our extensive network through our sister companies means we are connected to world-class brands, distribution and operations. We partner with companies developing technologies that are strategically aligned with our business including energy and propulsion, artificial intelligence, software and analytics, advanced materials, sensors, wireless, robotics and automation. For more information please visit www.correctcraft.com
Provides HR, benefits, and recruiting administrative support to the employees for the two locations of Merritt Precision (Sweetwater, TN and Merritt Island, FL). This role is a key part of the success of a team oriented Human Resources department to help achieve our strategic goals in a collaborative manner while exhibiting the Correct Craft identity pyramid values.
- Lead recruiting initiatives for Tennessee and Florida locations, including sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, assisting managers with final selections, and extending offers.
- Support all post-offer recruiting initiatives such as drug and background check administration and preparing new hire packets and files.
- Provide on-site support to the team members for general HR questions such as payroll questions, policy interpretation, conflict resolution,
- Support Environmental Safety and Health initiatives.
- Support employee engagement programs and events, philanthropy efforts and wellness programs.
- Ensures policies and procedures are applied fairly and consistently by front-line supervisors and managers.
- Administers benefits plans and programs, which will include conducting annual open enrollment meetings, ensuring employees are properly educated on plan offerings, and enrollments are completed for each eligible employee.
- Conducts new hire orientation and other ad hoc training as needed.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Human Resources experience in a manufacturing or construction environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in ADP or equivalent HRIS.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing demands and priorities.
- Must exhibit excellent communication written and verbal skills.
Knowledge, Education and/or Experience Preferred:
- PHR or SHRM certification.
- 1 -2 years of experience focused on Recruiting and Talent Acquisition
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Competitive benefits include: health, dental, disability, vision and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
Watershed Innovations, a Correct Craft company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.