Composites Product Engineer
- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Celebrating 96 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares.
Through our Nautique Cares initiatives, we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. Be a part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success. Nautique values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
The Composites Product Engineer is directly responsible for ensuring the structural validity of all composite components. This includes both structural and cosmetic fiberglass components and all subsequent testing.
- Define and design component specifications for composite structures from design through manufacturing completion.
- Evaluate new materials meet engineering requirements to identify potential cost savings, improved through put, or alternate supply sources.
- Work on new processes or implementation of new technology that can improve production through put such as improved cosmetics, reduced labor, faster cure times.
- Generate Engineering models, drawings, change notices and Bills of Material for new designs.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of new product, programs, and strategies.
- Ensure and acquire component and system compliance with industry standards.
- Evaluate and test new composite structures for ISO and CE compliance based upon industry equations for marine structural loading
- Assist with technical aspects of all Product recall campaigns.
- Assist production with integration of new model laminate structures and material updated to existing models.
- Yearly testing of all new chemical and structural components, to include UV, patch ability, and flexural.
- Support warranty related projects to find root cause and implement solutions
- Generate all new laminate and core pattern files for the Zund fiberglass cutter and AXYZ router tables
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related technical field
- 3D CAD Modeling experience, preferably SolidWorks and Rhino
- Experience with composites and composite structure design
- High attention to detail/strong analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Autonomous, self-starter, and comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in a hands on environment and being a resource to production personnel
- Marine manufacturing or boating industry experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits: health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Incentive Plan
Nautique is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.