- 306 Sweetwater Vonore Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874, USA
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated molds for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry in Sweetwater, TN. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
This is a critical position in the production of our high quality molds. Working successfully in our team environment is key, and successful candidates must have an eye for detail.
We are seeking a highly skilled Gelcoat Specialist to join our team! The Gelcoater will apply gelcoat for fiberglass molds for various customers in the composites industry. To be successful in this position, you must be able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina and an eagerness to learn on the job. This is the perfect opportunity for someone that has been in gelcoating positions in the marine or automotive repair industries. We also welcome those with molds/tooling experience.
The work schedule is 4:30AM - 3PM, Monday - Friday.
- Spray gelcoat consistently and evenly to desired thickness.
- Read and interpret order specification to spray according to patterns and check for proper millage
- Wrap tape and prep molds to be gelcoated
- Mix catalyst and gelcoat
- Clean and maintain all work tools as scheduled
- Learn to identify all the boats we make
- Must be able to work in non-climate-controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature.
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment when necessary
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Experienced working with Fiberglass
- Experienced working with hand and power tools
- Able to squat, climb, bend, etc. as needed
- Follow all application guidelines and instructions for quality control
- 1+ years experience with boat gel coat spraying
- Autobody painting experience
- Experience working in a fiberglass manufacturing facility
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.