- 306 Sweetwater Vonore Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874, USA
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated molds for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry in Sweetwater, TN. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
This is a critical position in the production of our high quality molds. Working in our team environment is key, and successful candidates must have an eye for detail. We are seeking a highly skilled Welding Technician to join our team. The Welding Technician will fabricate and weld aluminum, stainless steel and mild steel to form parts in our production process.
The work schedule is 4:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Fabricates and welds aluminum, stainless steel, and mild steel to form parts used in the production process.
- Cut metal components to size, perform processes to finish metal parts
- Be able to drive a forklift when necessary
- Must be able to work in non climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time while performing job duties
- Must be able to wear proper safety equipment when necessary
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds when necessary
- Be able to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to Read and Fabricate products from design or specification documents
- Experience with design and layout patterns
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic and ability to work with a team
- Math skills for accurate measuring and design of products/solutions
- Working knowledge of metalworking machinery (Press Brake, Roller, Acetylene Torch, Metal Shear, Drill Press, Metal Lathe, Band Saw, etc.) a plus
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines