Fiberglass, Tooling and Mold Specialist
- 306 Sweetwater Vonore Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874, USA
Merritt Precision manufactures highly sophisticated molds for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry in Sweetwater, TN. As part of Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, Merritt Precision provides the high level of quality, service, and confidentiality that customers have come to expect. Through expanded capacity and new technologies, Merritt Precision creates great value as part of Watershed Innovation’s vision of creating a better tomorrow today.
We are seeking a highly skilled Tooling Specialist to join our team! In this position, the Tooling Specialist will work to build fiberglass molds for various customers in the composites industry. To be successful as a Tooling Specialist, you must be able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina and an eagerness to learn on the job.
Typical day is creating and repairing molds for the marine, automotive, and aerospace industry. This is a perfect opportunity for someone that has been in lamination and worked with molds.
The work schedule is 4:30AM - 3PM, Monday - Friday.
- Assisting in building molds
- Responsible for sanding, buffing, and waxing molds
- Measure and mix correct catalyst ratios of resins
- Fabricate simple to complex tooling
- Use various hand tools to apply and roll out wet fiberglass materials properly without air voids
- Spray tooling gel for mold building
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Follow all application guidelines and instructions for quality control
- Will measure complete dimensional mold-tooling stack-out (static and dynamic) to determine tooling component preloads, clearances, and fits utilizing any available prints
- Determine “best” methods/procedures to determine probable causes of mold/part defects, as well as corrective and preventive actions
- Train new or less-skilled employees in proper mold-maintenance techniques and methodology
- Must have 2+ years Mold design or building experience
- Must have 2+ years Mold Tooler experience
- Prefer to have some Lamination experience
- Experienced with typical machine-shop equipment
- Can work with little or no supervision required
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.