- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Celebrating over 95 years of excellence in the marine industry. Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares.
Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. Be a part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success. Nautique values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
Are you looking to grow your career? We have a great opportunity in our Grinding Department. If you have always wanted to work in a manufacturing environment and be part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry, then you need to apply today!
Job Details: The hours for this position are 4 pm – 2:30 am, Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly (Non-Exempt) position, with an entry level rate of pay starting between $13 - $15 per hour depending upon experience, plus a $2 differential. Overtime may be required at times based on the needs of the business. There is an opportunity to earn a performance increase after 90 days of employment.
The Grinder works in our manufacturing facility using grinders, scrapers, sanders, and other tools to grind rough edges of boat hull molds and fiberglass parts that go into building the boats. They also use tools such as jig saws, diamond cutters and hole saws to cut holes of various sizes and shapes into the boat hull so instruments and other hardware can be installed during the boat building process. This position requires working closely with a team in a bay while wearing a PPE.
- Grinds all de-molded parts properly (hulls, decks, small parts)
- Lifts deck parts with the help of other employees and move to cut & gear area
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Follows instruction of Manager/Supervisor/Lead
- Inspects all parts so that they are complete and up to quality standards
- Complies with all OSHA and safety procedures
- Must be able to wear respirator, goggles and hearing protection
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Individuals who have prior experience working with fiberglass or working in cabinetry building or auto body repair usually do well in this position.
- Experience using tools such as grinders, sanders, hole saws, jig saws, diamond cutter, scrapers and/or other tools.
- Must pass a spirometry test.
- Attention to detail and precision while working with hand tools.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. Manufacturing floor is in an A/C controlled environment.
- Ability to work closely in a team setting.
- Individuals are required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to wear a Tyvek suit and full-face respirator.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must wear safety glasses while working.
- Must be comfortable working in an enclosed bay while grinding fiberglass and other materials.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits: health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Ongoing, on the job training
- Bonus Incentive Plan
Nautique Boat Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.