- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Celebrating 95 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique, is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Located in East Orlando, Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water. Over the years, our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The Ski Nautique 200 has changed waterskiing with 22 world records, the G-Series has won numerous awards for wakeboard boat and wakesurf boat of the year while unlocking new possibilities in wakeboarding and wakesurfing, and our Sport Series has given families endless days on the water without compromise. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. Visit our website at www.nautique.com
Take your career to the next level! Join a company that values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world. If you are a resourceful individual who thrives on challenges while working in a fast paced, high volume environment, this may be the ideal job for you!
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist will be a core member of our EHS team, focusing on conducting investigations, identifying responsible parties and recommending corrective action to ensure compliance with Nautique standards. In this entry level position, the right candidate will perform EHS fieldwork to maintain regulatory compliance and investigate issues within the facility.
The hours for this position are 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday, and this individual will work onsite at our facility in East Orlando. This is a non-exempt position, pay commensurate with experience.
- Development and maintenance of an annual inspection schedule, conducting inspections of Correct Craft and Nautique facilities as well as responding to incident investigations
- Manage change regarding organization wide activities
- Investigates non-compliance issues within the facility and documents investigations, maintains related records and prepares reports as needed
- Maintain filing systems regarding employee training, safety and environmental records (e.g. hazardous waste, storm water, pollution prevention, etc.)
- Assist in the development of environmental and safety training programs
- Assist with updating procedures for emergency situations by establishing medical response programs, site preparedness and emergency plans
- Occasionally drive employees to the clinic or hospital
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with focus on the natural sciences, engineering or a related field
- Experience with safety procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with spill response and OSHA Hazwoper
- Experience with Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Must have a valid driver's license (subject to Motor Vehicle Report)
- Knowledge of OSHA, RCRA and DOT regulations as it relates to manufacturing and shipbuilding
- Strong quantitative, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be able to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to concisely and effectively present information to large groups representing various levels of the organization
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly
- ASP, CSP, COSM or IH certification (or be able to obtain within 1 year of hire)
- Experience with a multi-site manufacturing organization
- Experience with environmental compliance management
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature
- Must be able to bend at waist and knees and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds when necessary
- Must be able to walk over long distances and uneven ground
- Must be able to withstand exposure to dust and toxic fumes and adverse weather
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Benefits: health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Incentive Plan
Nautique Boat Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will reeive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and pre-employment drug testing.