- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Join Our Team: Nautique Boat Company has an outstanding career opportunity available at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL. We are celebrating over 95 years of excellence in the marine industry. Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we’re dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
We currently have a great career opportunity for an Upholstery Assembler at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL.
The Upholstery Assembler prepares assembled upholstery parts, then tacks or attaches the vinyl coverings onto the proper parts before being installed in our award-winning boats. They are responsible for assembling marine seating interiors, wrapping foam cushioning with hand-sewn vinyl skins, stapling around edges of skins after applying to frame, installation of bolts, and aligning seams and seating features. They then inspect the frame, cover, and sewn parts to ensure the product meets or exceeds quality standards.
The hours for this position are 5:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly (Non-Exempt) position, with an entry-level rate of pay starting between $13 - $15 per hour depending upon experience. Overtime may be required at times based on the needs of the business. There is an opportunity to earn a performance increase after 90 days of employment.
- Individuals who have prior experience working with upholstery (boats, furniture, automobiles), or construction, cabinetry, or carpentry preferred.
- Experience using hand tools such as knives, razors, drills, scissors, tape measures, and heat guns
- Experience with pneumatic (air power) tools such as staple or nail guns.
- Attention to detail and good hand-eye coordination, ability to recognize different styles of upholstery materials, and know which techniques are used on each style.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. The manufacturing floor is in an A/C controlled environment.
- Ability to work closely in a team setting.
- Individuals are required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must wear safety glasses while working.
- Must be able to manipulate and assemble with both hands.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan