- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Join Our Team: Nautique Boat Company has an outstanding career opportunity available at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL. We are celebrating over 95 years of excellence in the marine industry. Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we’re dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
We currently have a great career opportunity for a Grinder at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL.
The Grinder works in our manufacturing facility using grinders, scrapers, sanders, and other tools to grind rough edges off of boat hull molds and fiberglass parts that go into building the boats. They also use tools such as jig saws, diamond cutters and hole saws to cut holes of various sizes and shapes into the boat hull so instruments and other hardware can be installed during the boat building process. This position requires working closely with a team in a bay while wearing a PPE.
The hours for this position are 3 am – 1:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. This is an hourly (Non-Exempt) position, with an entry level rate of pay starting between $13 - $15 per hour depending upon experience, plus a $1 differential. Overtime may be required at times based on the needs of the business. There is an opportunity to earn a performance increase after 90 days of employment.
- Individuals who have prior experience working with fiberglass or working in cabinetry building or auto body repair usually do well in this position.
- Experience using tools such as grinders, sanders, hole saws, jig saws, diamond cutter, scrapers and/or other tools.
- Must pass a spirometry test.
- Attention to detail and precision while working with hand tools.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. Manufacturing floor is in an A/C controlled environment.
- Ability to work closely in a team setting.
- Individuals are required to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to wear a Tyvek suit and full-face respirator.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must wear safety glasses while working.
- Must be comfortable working in an enclosed bay while grinding fiberglass and other materials.
- Be a part of an innovative, world class leader in the marine industry working with a company that has brand name recognition and a reputation for quality and success.
- Nautique values people, performance and philanthropy and is passionate about making a difference in the world.
- On-going, on-the-job training.
- Competitive benefits that include Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plans