- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Celebrating 95 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique, is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Located in East Orlando, Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water. Over the years, our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The Ski Nautique 200 has changed waterskiing with 22 world records, the G-Series has won numerous awards for wakeboard boat and wakesurf boat of the year while unlocking new possibilities in wakeboarding and wakesurfing, and our Sport Series has given families endless days on the water without compromise. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. Visit our website at www.nautique.com
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the supervisor will manage about 40 people within the Lamination area. The supervisor will be responsible for safety, quality, production and related metrics, administrative tasks and improvements within the department. The supervisor will need to communicate production needs to the employees and focus on employee relationships and development. The supervisor will interact with other production supervisors, managers, quality control and product design and development.
- Manages operations in their area to ensure the safe and timely completion of production schedules or department work by effectively utilizing people, equipment and material. This includes coordination of Team Leaders (if applicable), time and production records, and ensuring that job assignments and work are set up for employees in the department.
- Ensures that the team’s overall quality levels and on-time delivery schedules are maintained.
- Interacts with various levels of people in the plant as needed including quality control, industrial engineering and product development and design.
- Supervises employee activities. This includes: evaluation and discipline; overall performance management; training and development; analyzing and resolving work problems; initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals; and effective communication with associates.
- Maintains safe working conditions in his/her area. Continually works on safety awareness with associates. Enforces safety regulations.
- Inspects production/department work to verify conformance to specifications and directs any adjustments as needed.
- Studies production/department work schedules and estimates employee hour requirements for completion of work. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production/department schedules and goals.
- Continually works on process improvement and department efficiency. This includes recommendations to improve: production methods, equipment performance, overall work quality, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Communicates with other supervisors or managers as needed to coordinate activities of respective departments or areas.
- Actively participates with the entire Operations Team to support strategic plans and implement initiatives.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be a licensed driver with a good driving record (subject to MVR)
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct the work of others, and delegate as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain a work environment/climate of mutual respect, safety and cleanliness.
- Ability to successfully complete basic supervision course work and to utilize principles of the training.
- Good verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and productively to all levels of personnel in the plant.
- Ability to work as a team member toward overall Company objectives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information. This includes, but is not limited to: performance, illness, investigations and personal information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Experience with fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) processes
- Experience with boat building
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.