- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Celebrating 95 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique, is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Located in East Orlando, Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water. Over the years, our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The Ski Nautique 200 has changed waterskiing with 22 world records, the G-Series has won numerous awards for wakeboard boat and wakesurf boat of the year while unlocking new possibilities in wakeboarding and wakesurfing, and our Sport Series has given families endless days on the water without compromise. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. Visit our website at www.nautique.com
Reporting to the Assembly Manager, the supervisor will manage roughly 40 people in two areas. The supervisor will be responsible for safety, quality, production, production related metrics, administrative tasks and improvements within the department. The supervisor will need to communicate production needs to the employees and focus on employee relationships and development. The supervisor will interact with other production supervisors, managers, quality control and product design and development.
- Manages operations in their area to ensure the safe and timely completion of production schedules or department work by effectively utilizing people, equipment and material. This includes coordination of team leaders (if applicable), daily schedules, and ensuring that job assignments and work are set up for employees in the department.
- Accountable for quality, operational activities, and upholding our company culture.
- Supervises employee activities, including: evaluation and discipline, overall performance management, time management, training and development, analyzing and resolving work problems, initiating or implementing plans to motivate workers to achieve goals, and effective communication with associates.
- Maintains safe working conditions in their area. Continually works on safety awareness with associates and enforces safety regulations as needed.
- Focuses on process improvement and department efficiency. This includes recommendations to improve: lean production methods, equipment performance, overall work quality, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Actively participates with the entire Operations Team to support strategic plans and implement initiatives.
- Ability to set daily/weekly/monthly goals and communicate them effectively to employees
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
- High School Diploma required – a degree or training in a technical, engineering, or relevant field is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience supervising or managing in a production environment
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct the work of others, and delegate as needed
- Ability to establish and maintain a work environment of mutual respect, safety and cleanliness
- Proven understanding and application of lean manufacturing, 5S, and structured problem solving
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong coaching and training skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English
- Basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measurement including whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to work in a hot manufacturing environment with exposure to fiberglass
- Must be able to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when needed
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds when necessary
- Must be a licensed driver (subject to MVR)
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Bonus Incentive Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.