Mechanical Project Engineer
- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Celebrating 95 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique, is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Located in East Orlando, Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water. Over the years, our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The Ski Nautique 200 has changed waterskiing with 22 world records, the G-Series has won numerous awards for wakeboard boat and wakesurf boat of the year while unlocking new possibilities in wakeboarding and wakesurfing, and our Sport Series has given families endless days on the water without compromise. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we are dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. Visit our website at www.nautique.com
The Mechanical Project Engineer is directly responsible for ensuring accurate component specifications in the design and development of products. This position will focus on propulsion and drivetrain validation as well as production integration.
- Define and design component specifications for mechanical systems from design through manufacturing completion.
- Generate engineering models, drawings and Bills of Material for new designs.
- Approve mechanical models and drawings for release.
- Generate engineering change notices as required.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of new products, programs and strategies.
- Ensure and acquire component and system compliance with industry standards.
- Review and approve owner’s manuals for accurate and complete mechanical descriptions and information.
- Evaluate vendor supplied items for their suitability with regard to fit, finish and performance for Nautique products.
- Assist with technical aspects of all product recall campaigns.
- Certification of products to USCG and NMMA standards.
- Supervise compliance testing whether completed in house or at an outside contractor.
- Corporate representative for product liability litigation.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related Technical field
- 3D CAD Modeling experience, preferably SolidWorks
- 3-5 years of engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic mindset with solid technical and analytical skills
- Must be a licensed driver (subject to MVR)
- Experience in Marine Industry
- Watersports and/or boating experience
- Ability to trailer a boat
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.