Materials/Supply Chain Manager
- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Join Our Team: Nautique Boat Company has an outstanding career opportunity available at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL. We are celebrating over 90 years of excellence in the marine industry. Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we’re dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain professional to join our company. The Materials Manager will have the ownership of our Supplies Department that help create the award winning Nautique Boats. Have you wanted to work in an environment where performance, relationships and experience matter? The right individual will join our leadership team and create systems that help us achieve production goals and processes that help us in improving efficiencies.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Materials Manager plans and directs all supply chain activities, including sourcing, purchasing, warehouse operations, service parts operations, BOM administration, and the delivery of materials to the manufacturing team in order to meet daily attainment of completed units for sales.
The Materials Manager is responsible for all strategies and processes relating to both internal and external supply chain activities. Daily responsibility is focused on, but not limited to management of inventory levels, inventory accuracy, execution of all aspects of the department’s strategic plan, team member development, implementation of process improvement, cost-reduction initiatives, and extract and analyze data from the ERP system to make sound business decisions.
Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to internal and external customers, while minimizing inventory holding costs and expedited transportation charges.
Directs all activities relating to annual physical inventory, including preparation, execution, and physical audit.
Manages cycle-count implementation and scheduling.
Executes supply agreements with key suppliers to minimize risk to the Company.
Ensures supply chain and material forecasts align with the master production schedule.
Directs the investigation of all inventory variances and material shortages and provides corrective actions to negate future occurrences.
Works closely with other department personnel
- Four (4) year post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ supervisory or management experience in a medium to fast paced manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Prior experience working with ERP systems (Epicor preferred)
- Must have budget management experience
- Lean manufacturing experience especially in continuous improvement, elimination of waste, 5S, and visual management
- Strong negotiation skills with track record of successful negotiation outcomes
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to work with minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Must have a team-oriented mindset
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to analyze, organize and present data and information in a meeting environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach and has good decision-making skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.