Manufacturing Engineering Intern
- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Join Our Team: Nautique Boat Company has an outstanding career opportunity available at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL. We are celebrating over 90 years of excellence in the marine industry, Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we’re dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
Job Description: The Manufacturing Engineering Intern will work with the Industrial Engineering team and operations departments to improve efficiency, improve quality, and eliminate wastes in the manufacturing process. They will develop creative solutions to support boat production. This position pays $12/hour with the opportunity to increase pay based on performance. This position is for local college students only.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
· Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
· Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
· Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
· Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
· Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Postsecondary degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field and cannot be graduating prior to Dec 2020 at a Central Florida College Only. There is no relocation process for this position.
- Must be available for 20 hours per week Monday – Friday between the hours of 6:30AM to 4:00 PM for 2 semesters
- Understanding of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality Control, and attention to detail
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution
- Must be energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Must be a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, decisive, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Must be a well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Visual Basics knowledge required
- 2D CAD knowledge strongly preferred
- Some Visual Basics knowledge preferred
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills required
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. A self-motivated individual who excels in a challenging environment
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel occasionally
- Must be local candidates, as we will not be paying relocation assistance
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.