Software/Electrical Product Engineer
- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Join Our Team: Nautique Boat Company has an outstanding career opportunity available at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL. We are celebrating over 90 years of excellence in the marine industry. Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we’re dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
Job Description: The Software/Electrical Product Engineer is directly responsible for ensuring accurate component specifications in the design and development of products and any other duties that would be assigned. Primary role is the software development and software configuration management. Secondary role would be the testing and design of marine DC electrical systems.
To be considered, all candidates must submit a resume and cover letter with an explanation of why you want to join our Nautique team and what direct skills, knowledge, experience you possess that match this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
¨ Software Development
· Graphical User Interface Programming
· Write software to integrate dynamic systems that use the J1939 / NMEA2000 protocol
· Android/iOS App Development
¨ Software Configuration Management
· Maintain database of Production Software
· Software Release Planning
¨ Electrical System Design
· 12V DC Electrical System Layout and Design
· Ensure marine electrical systems meet Coast Guard and ABYC requirements
· Test and validate prototype electrical components to ensure function and reliability
All candidates must submit a resume and cover letter with an explanation of why you want to join our Nautique team and what direct skills, knowledge, experience do you have that match this position.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
- Proficient in C/C++ programming languages
- Product design/requirement specification
- Must have sound technical skills, analytical ability, decisive, good judgment and strong operational focus
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in using various hand tools and a multimeter
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex technical documents
- Experienced with presentations
- Marine Industry - Engineering/Manufacturing experience preferred
- Watersports/Boating experience preferred
- AutoCAD experience a plus!
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits if hired full time:
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.