- 14700 Aerospace Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32832, USA
Join Our Team: Nautique Boat Company has an outstanding career opportunity available at our boat manufacturing facility in East Orlando, FL. We are celebrating over 90 years of excellence in the marine industry. Nautique Boat Company is a subsidiary of Correct Craft and has been on the waters of the world with a passion for innovation since 1925. Nautique is known to push the envelope of possibility on the water, and our owners have come to expect nothing but the absolute best. The world’s best ski boat, world’s best wake boat, and a company that cares. Through our Nautique Cares initiatives we’re dedicated to not only making a difference on the water, but to people in need around the world. To learn more visit www.nautique.com.
We are seeking an experienced Boat Manufacturing Composites Manager. This position will work side by side with our dedicated Industrial Engineer team to improve processes and flow through the Gel Coat, Lamination and Patch & Polish departments. The right candidate has an eye for details, can get things done through others and can maintain the quality expected with a Nautique Boat. This is a Monday - Friday, first shift position.
Typical Responsibilities are:
- Manage all aspects of 60+ people between two shifts including communication and development
- Responsible for safety, quality, production, production related metrics, administrative tasks and improvements being made in the department.
- Ensuring the best manufacturing processes are being followed by the FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) team
- Work to improve processes, efficiency and flow through the Department
- Manages full operations in the area and daily production
- Ensures that the team’s overall quality levels (quality of product or department work) and on-time delivery schedules are maintained
- Four (4) year post-secondary education or courses with an operations, engineering, or manufacturing focus preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing/operations environment, preferably in the fiberglass or composites industry
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, QC, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products
- Strong lean manufacturing experience especially in continuous improvement, elimination of waste, 5S, Kaizen events, and visual management
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills combined with the ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings
- Able to control operation of equipment and conduct inspections of products and processes to evaluate quality
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to work with minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong computer skills in order to analyze, organize and present data and information using Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel occasionally
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Job Stability
- Incentive Bonus Plan
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.