Prepper/Tacker in Upholstery Dept.
- 306 Sweetwater Vonore Rd, Sweetwater, TN 37874, USA
Beginning in 1960 as Thunder Craft and evolving through 1990 into Bryant Boats, the company has stayed true to their original values by continuing to build boats with first-class performance and luxury always in mind. Today, Bryant is a boat brand of Correct Craft, one of the marine industry's most respected manufacturers. Correct Craft Tennessee supports multiple Correct Craft brands within our facility, including Bryant, and has plans to grow. This partnership is guided by a team whose watersports pedigree reaches back to the roots of modern day boating and wake sports; a team that has also been responsible for creating some of the most sought-after watersports boat models in the industry. Take all of that, coupled with the Bryant luxury that comes from a combination of handcrafted design, elegant style, and premium materials, and you’re looking at a global brand set out to redefine sport, luxury, and leisure boating.
Have you ever worked in a framing shop? Have you ever used an industrial stapler? This is a great opportunity to join an established company. The key skills we are looking for are hand tools experience and a person that wants to start a career with us!
This position prepares the backing for the upholstery parts, then tacks or attaches the vinyl coverings onto the proper parts before being installed in our award winning boats. Shift is 5:30am - 4:00pm, Mon - Thurs.
- Spray industrial adhesive to pre-cut foam and apply the foam to Sintra or expanded PVC parts
- Glue plastic to foam and trim edges with foam knife
- Install bolts and inspect skins for defects
- Staple around edges of skins after applying to frame
- 1+ years experience using hand tools such as knives, razor, drills, scissors, heat gun
- Good Hand-Eye coordination
- Very detail oriented
- Able to lift up to 40lbs
- Able to wear safety glasses while working
- Must be able to identify boat parts through training
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to see details at a close range
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Opportunity to take your career to the next level
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Job Stability