- Lagos, Nigeria
CornerStone Staffing has been servicing the FMCG sector since 2013. We are committed to supporting our organisations through our core values of compassion, integrity, self discipline, and faith. Our collective team of professionals have amassed years of experience in the staffing industry - and we are experts at sourcing candidates in our marketplace. We are committed to achieving excellence in the services provided to both our clients and job seekers.
CornerStone specializes in servicing a wide variety of industries including Office Professional, Accounting, Finance, Call Center, Healthcare, IT, Engineering as well as many others. CornerStone prides itself in getting it right the first time, which leads to our superior employee retention and client satisfaction. We have achieved this by constantly scrutinizing our systems, our relationships, our marketing, and our work environment. We pride ourselves on maintaining long-term relationships with our clients and job seekers.
Our Client, a big player in the FMCG Industry, is looking to recruit an Finance Intern. This role is responsible for the delivery of the financial and business processes and systems in line with corporate standards; the post holder will undertake specific work within Finance and contribute to improving functional efficiency.
- Assist in preparation and managing of budget and forecasts for business units
- Update detailed operating and projections/financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Assist in analyzing and monitoring financial and operational performance.
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Identify trends and issues and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- Assist in corporate finance and business development work. Perform quantitative analyses to help evaluate and implement strategic options.
- Assist in developing KPIs and new measurements and metrics to assess business performance.
- Assist in driving financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Excellent analytical and quick-decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail with highly organized, advanced office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new processes quickly
- Ability to manage multiple decision processes while working in a fast-paced paperless environment using multiple systems and databases
- Ability to resolve problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Word processing and spreadsheet applications; ability to utilize database application
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, and nestedifs formulas)
- Ability to interpret Financial Data from various systems and in various formats