Social Media Marketing Intern
- Lagos, Nigeria
CornerStone Staffing has been servicing the FMCG sector since 2013. We are committed to supporting our organisations through our core values of compassion, integrity, self discipline, and faith. Our collective team of professionals have amassed years of experience in the staffing industry - and we are experts at sourcing candidates in our marketplace. We are committed to achieving excellence in the services provided to both our clients and job seekers.
CornerStone specializes in servicing a wide variety of industries including Office Professional, Accounting, Finance, Call Center, Healthcare, IT, Engineering as well as many others. CornerStone prides itself in getting it right the first time, which leads to our superior employee retention and client satisfaction. We have achieved this by constantly scrutinizing our systems, our relationships, our marketing, and our work environment. We pride ourselves on maintaining long-term relationships with our clients and job seekers.
Our Client, a big player in the FMCG Industry, is looking to recruit a Social Media Marketing Intern to join her marketing team. The intern will work with the social media team, content team, and marketing staff to schedule content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, and Youtube. The intern will also help monitor performance across platforms, and help with competitive and benchmark analyses.
No coffee runs for this intern: this internship will require real marketing work: building out lists, digging into data, writing posts, and working on other high impact marketing projects within a fast-paced environment
A typical day as a Social Media Marketing Intern might include:
- Content publishing across global social media channels
- Research and analysis, using public tools such as Google Trends,
- Social Media Campaign Management
- Play a key role in launching social marketing campaigns, while learning how to build and protect our company’s brand.
- Develop strategies focused on increasing engagement, awareness and followers.
- Research for third-party resources that would be on interest to social media followers.
- Assist with new social influencer and branding campaigns
- Keep an eye on trends and participate in a brainstorming session
- Intermediate knowledge of analytics software like Google Analytics, as well as in-app analytics for each social media platform.
- A graduate of Communications, Marketing, Social Media or equivalent field of study.
- Experience with social media management systems like Hootsuite.
- Experience creating content for social media.
- Ability to write clearly and quickly, while adhering to the company’s voice and tone.
- A collaborative spirit and experience working with other writers, designers, and developers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying timelines
- Powerpoint Skills and Excel skills.
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SEO and SEM
- Experience as a content creator
- Strong brainstormer