- 403 Haddon Avenue, Camden, NJ
Coriell Institute for Medical Research is an internationally known, non-profit, biomedical research institution based in Camden, New Jersey. Founded in 1953, the Institute conducts research on genetics and personalized medicine, stem cells, cancer, and other diseases. Coriell is the world’s leading biobank resource for human cells and home of the Coriell Personalized Medicine Collaborative (CPMC), an innovative research study aimed at understanding the utility of genome-informed medicine and identifying sites within our DNA that are associated with common diseases like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, and also, with our body’s response to medications. The Institute offers an excellent environment, laboratory facilities, and generous benefits package.
Coriell is looking to staff a Communications Specialist position.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-5 years of effective work-experience in a Communications, Development and/or Fundraising area (ideally public relations activities and writing professionally within a scientific or academic environment);
- A bachelor’s degree in a communications/journalism-related field;
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and in writing);
- An understanding that he/she cannot settle for anything less than perfection, as the successful candidate will represent Coriell in word and in speech;
- The ability to effectively and strategically build strong relationships;
- The ability to multi-task and meet demanding timelines;
- A positive-outlook, and team player mentality;
- A passion for and capability of learning the scientific concepts and terms typical of the institute.
Some additional qualifications and skills we are seeking include:
- Strong strategic and critical thinkers;
- Highly motivated, self-managing personalities;
- Superior problem-solving and research skills;
- Creative, innovative intellectuals;
- Ability to clearly and simply communicate effectively with key stakeholders;
- Very strong writing and verbal communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Decision-making skills with good judgment;
- Exposure to social media branding, internal and external web promotions, etc.;
- A background in Communications, Development, fundraising and/or marketing;
- Experience in communicating internally (town halls, ad hoc events, presentations);
- Experience with grants, annual appeals, and donor relations;
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia and New Jersey philanthropic communities;
- Exposure to medical, science or healthcare fields.
Please apply by clicking the link below. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.