SW Development Engineer, Remote
- 610 Lincoln St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Working remote for now. Need local candidates for when office reopens.
- We are looking for a self-directed engineer to join our DevSecOps team located in Waltham, MA! Ideal candidate is proactive, highly self-motivated, very comfortable with ambiguity, and can work in a fast-paced environment. The position is for a python developer for a web-based Django application.
- Design features for inter-connected Python applications from problem space presented by end users.
- Implement new features for Django and python apps.
- Debug, triage, and fix defects in highly connected python applications.
- Maintain CI/CD pipeline in Jenkins for the python application to deploy updates to production.
- Engage with end users to determine pain points and communicate updates to our Python apps.
- Porting forward legacy python 2 code bases to python3.
- Maintaining the Linux servers running these applications.
- At least 3 years’ experience in DevOps/DevSecOps.
- At least 3 years’ experience writing and maintain Python applications.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the Django framework.
- Very comfortable in Linux environment.
- Understand git and gitflow processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with setting up and maintaining Jenkins pipelines.
- Proficiency with running docker containers in a production environment.
- Bonus experience: Kubernetes, Okta, networking.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.