Full Case Warehouse Picker/Selector (Full/Part-Time)
- Atlanta, GA
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $14 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 44,000 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Mainstream Duties & Responsibilities
Retrieves product in accordance with printed customer orders
Stacks orders securely on skids according to sequence of delivery route
Applies shipping ID labels to cases
Responsible for the accuracy of the pick
Maintains a clean, orderly work area
Performs all tasks in compliance with Core-Mark safety policy and OHSA requirements
Performs other duties as required
Health & Safety
Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures
Report hazards (unsafe conditions/acts) to Warehouse Manager/Supervisor and/or Human Resources
Refer all safety matters to the Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner
All employees have a right to participate in Health & Safety matters, this may include assisting in Safety Committee Meetings, Facility Self Inspections, Accident Investigations and Job Safety Analysis
Worker’s Compensation Administration
Ensure all injuries are reported to the Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner
Comply with any requests for information with reference to Worker’s Compensation issues
Comply with any offers of modified duties
Certified for reach/fork lift operation and pallet jack (walkie)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months
of related experience a/o training; or equivalent combination of education and
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and finger to handle objects, tolls, or controls; reach with hand and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to stand and bend for up to ten hours. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
Tools, Equipment or Other Skills, Abilities:
- Intermediate PC skills; Word, Excel, Outlook
- AS400 experience desirable
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems
- Time & Goal Management Skills
- Stress Management Skills
- Customer Relations Skills (internal and external)
- Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Discrete (confidentiality)
- Self Motivated
- Team Orientated
- Problem Solving/Decision Making Ability
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude