Chief Information Officer
- 500 River Ridge Dr, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
Corbus is a close-knit team of almost 100 employees who are high-achievers, innovative, creative and, above all else, passionate about what we do. We hire for personality as well as for skill.
You must thrive in an entrepreneurial and autonomous environment where you will succeed based on your contribution and work ethic, not on your title or rank. At Corbus we take pride in our “family” atmosphere where each person’s contribution is vital to our success. As a Corbus employee, you are empowered to think creatively and be proactive in your approach. There is no place for politics or red tape here. Positive, team-oriented people work at Corbus and are rewarded with fun perks like weekly food deliveries to our kitchen, a monthly in-house massage therapist, company-paid classes with Title Boxing, and organized company activities and outings. Additionally, Corbus offers an attractive, comprehensive benefits package.
Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc. (NASDQ: CRBP) is a Phase 3 clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat inflammatory and fibrotic diseases by leveraging its industry leading pipeline of endocannabinoid system-targeting drug candidates. The Company's lead product candidate, Lenabasum, is a novel, synthetic, oral, selective cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB2) agonist designed to resolve chronic inflammation and fibrotic processes. Lenabasum is currently being evaluated in systemic sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, dermatomyositis, and systemic lupus erythematosus.
Corbus licensed the exclusive worldwide rights to develop, manufacture and market drug candidates from more than 600 novel compounds targeting the endocannabinoid system from Jenrin Discovery LLC. The pipeline includes CRB-4001, a 2nd generation, peripherally-restricted, selective cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) inverse agonist specifically designed to eliminate blood-brain barrier penetration and brain CB1 receptor occupancy that mediate the neuropsychiatric issues associated with first-generation CB1 inverse agonists. Potential indications for CRB-4001 include NASH, primary biliary cholangitis, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis, myocardial fibrosis after myocardial infarction and acute interstitial nephritis, among others. CRB-4001 is scheduled to enter a Phase 1 study in 2019 followed a National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded first-in-patient Phase 2 study.
Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Corbus’ Chief Information Officer will lead the emerging Information Technology organization through a 3-year period of company growth to support the filing of several drug candidates in the latter stages of our Research & Development pipeline. Corbus has identified several opportunities for improvement regarding our enterprise technology framework, which led to our decision create this new role in our organization. The primary focus for our CIO is to guide and operate a technical vision for our research and development organization, that takes into account that significant investments are already in flight. An in-depth understanding of clinical trial data and workflows, the CRO and technology marketplace, and the relationship of clinical and operational data is the starting point for taking the leadership of our IT and Information needs.
The successful candidate will likely have 20 years of prior experience working in Life Sciences R&D. Corbus is a small, rapidly growing company. Our need is for a seasoned strategist and operator to build up the vision and architecture we have laid out and act as a seasoned, domain aware, reasonable voice in translating that vision into an operational reality.
- Establish and operate a project portfolio management and budget management process that deploys, tracks, and adjusts program and project resources
- Create and operate a joint business/IT governance process to prioritize and approve IT investments
- Establish an ongoing communication process to share updates on IT financial performance and value delivered to the organization
- Use a good understanding of data and analytics to develop a strategy to fully utilize existing information to create the maximum impact for business and customers.
- Create IT-enabled business capabilities to attain strategic objectives
- Provide detailed IT service costs for effective cost management in delivering IT services
- Create service-level agreements (SLAs) with business areas
- Create operating-level agreements between IT functions and vendors to meet SLAs
- Create and maintain continual improvement programs and projects
- Establish and maintain effective governance for IT controls
- Manage technology obsolescence and vendor risks.
Corbus is executing several critical clinical trials and will be filing for approval in the next 2 years. Our day-to-day needs are highly focused on building a robust R&D IT environment to support approval. As commercialization is in our 3-year time horizon, a parallel focus on building out our enterprise and commercial IT environment is needed. This person will bring significant prior experience as a leader, defining and delivering IS solutions for Corporate, R&D and Quality in a Life Sciences setting, including experience with solutions supporting discovery through preclinical and clinical development
- BA/BS Degree required
- 20+ years Information Systems leadership with experience in Life Sciences setting required
- Ability to work in a very dynamic environment managing competing priorities
- Comprehensive knowledge of essential IT functions
- Proven experience building a high-performing IT team
- Experience managing IT projects and application portfolios
- Experience in financial management and budget planning as well as contract negotiation and vendor management
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience supporting a global organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.