Facilities and Security Manager
- Ruiru Kamiti Road, Tatu City, Kenya
Copia gives all consumers access to high-quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology, or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents, and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high-growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using our website or USSD, or our network of digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
This position is accountable for asset management and protection for our business, from the management of all our facilities; to the protection of people and staff; to the prevention of theft and inventory loss that entails the development and implementation of facilities and security policies, standards, and procedures; and ensuring that they are maintained by all company staff in the respective national boundary of the country.
Specifically, you will:
- Demonstrate Effective Security Management and Leadership
- Demonstrate Effective Facilities Management and Leadership.
Working at both Strategic and Operational levels, the holder of this position will be:
- Overseeing and agreeing on contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, facilities technology, and others.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including maintenance, and grounds
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water, office spaces, warehousing spaces, parking yards, and roofing is well-maintained and conducting proactive maintenance
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Allocating and managing space between buildings
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Helping businesses to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations.
- Advising businesses on measures to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the facility.
Performance management and reporting
- Prepare and send related reports on a periodic basis to Internal Stakeholders, Supply Chain Team and VP
Supply Chain on Facilities and Security Related KPIs
- Prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
At least 5 years Facilities and Security Management related working experience with the following preferences:
- Previous experience working as a Facilities and security manager, officer, or similar position.
- Previous experience as a member of police forces, relevant governmental agencies, or non-governmental agencies will be an added advantage.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.