- Ruiru Kamiti Road, Tatu City, Kenya
- Employees can work remotely
Copia gives all consumers access to high-quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology, or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents, and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using our website www.copia.co.ke, USSD, or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
Reporting to the Category Manager, you will be responsible for on-boarding and managing the relationship with key foodstuff suppliers. You will also be responsible for the P&L of all the foodstuff category accounts and will be expected to report on this.
Additionally, your key responsibilities will include;
- Drive and grow the category and get assortments aligned with the commercial strategy based on the financial model. This will require collaboration with the merchandising, marketing, and sales teams across the business.
- Be the expert: Understand your categories & the customers’ preferences. Apply this expertise to map out opportunities and create SMART objectives to service the unique sales channels and the entire Copia customer base.
- Works with merchandise analytics to assure best sellers are positioned prominently and are in stock. Additionally, negotiate supplier terms and promotional opportunities, while growing market segment share and margin.
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, constantly monitor market prices, product variety and new vendors & brands launching in the country.
- Develop and monetize the vertical categories in terms of assortment (SKU’s), pricing and availability aligned with Copia’s financial model
- Drive acquisition & deals: develop & manage Supplier portfolio pipeline, negotiations, and discounts ecosystem, focused on key events across the year
- Own the Vendor / Brand: Own and manage day-to-day relationships with assigned Suppliers/brands and support customers order fulfilment.
- As Copia’s 1st point of contact with suppliers / brands, you are to ensure all prescribed requirements are collected, contracts are signed, and suppliers are trained ready to deliver as per Copia’s laid out procedures.
- Achieve Revenue, margin and OTIF targets as laid down at the departmental levels.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management.
- You have 2+ years of experience specific to e-commerce purchasing, product management, vendor management, in the electronics category.
- You have experience in negotiating with external vendors.
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills visual, written, and verbal
- You have the ability to network, gain trust with co-workers, open to new ideas, and can deliver a decision in a professional manner
- You have problem-solving skills- identify and resolve problems in a creative, collaborative, and timely manner with a view of the big picture and making difficult decisions
- You are excellent in Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools to drive and influence business decisions
- You have the ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter, who is flexible, action and result-oriented.
- You must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a key.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.