QA Automation Engineer
- Ruiru Kamiti Road, Tatu City, Kenya
Copia gives all consumers access to high-quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology, or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents, and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using our website www.copia.co.ke, USSD, or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
We are looking for the best and the brightest QA Automation engineer to add to our technology team. This individual must have experience in ensuring product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability, and performance. The candidate should also possess a keen eye for design, detail, and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the quality assurance team: hiring, setting and tracking objectives, obtaining resources, overseeing task completion; and reporting progress, accomplishments, and hurdles to the Head of Engineering at Copia.
- Manage operational performance of the quality assurance department against targets.
- Constantly look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards.
- Evaluate the adequacy of quality assurance standards.
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data.
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues.
- Collect and compile statistical quality data.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards.
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers.
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitor risk management activities.
- Responsible for document management systems.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Engineering or an Information Science related field or equivalent and relevant work-related experience and /or training
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma.
- Quality inspection, auditing, and testing experience.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
- Product or industry-specific experience.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of QA.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.