- Ruiru Kamiti Road, Tatu City, Kenya
Copia gives all consumers access to high-quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology, or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents, and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using our website www.copia.co.ke, USSD, or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Offers troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment or networks malfunction.
- Provides phone, live chat, or in-person support, depending on the organization's scope.
- Asks directed questions regarding equipment and networks to assess IT issues.
- Walks clients through solutions to solve problems and directs questions to supervisors or specialists when necessary.
- Documents daily tasks, training, and support sessions to inform the department and organization better regarding IT support needs.
- Maintains records of hardware and software inventory.
- Follows emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failures when necessary and protects data and security.
- Advances knowledge of current technology and support solutions by attending workshops and continuing education courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.