- Ruiru Kamiti Road, Tatu City, Kenya
Copia gives all consumers access to high-quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology, or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents, and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using our website www.copia.co.ke, USSD, or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
Do you have proven working experience in Database Administration? Are you a professional DBA that has a strong customer service mentality and is team-driven to keep us up and running. If so, we might be the right fit for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for support of database systems including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability of database systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the database systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Perform database performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning, system sizing, and ongoing maintenance to ensure maximum performance.
- Implement database backup and recovery strategies that meet Copia’s recovery and availability requirements.
- Recommend best practices and ensure they are implemented and incorporated into DBA procedures.
- Provide technical guidance for design, development, integration and testing of production PostgreSQL databases.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for PostgreSQL database systems in order to achieve required uptime SLA for mission-critical applications.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all PostgreSQL databases systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding preferred.
- 5+ years of experience engineering, administering and managing relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) in a high availability environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing relational databases on cloud platforms (AWS,
- Azure, etc)
- Experience in open-source SQL database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Maria DB)
- At least 3 years’ experience in Storage and Backup management, working in UNIX environment.
- Proficient in schema normalization, index tuning, performance enhancement via code refactoring, and bulk data import/extract.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in ERP systems will be an added advantage
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.