- Ruiru Kamiti Road, Tatu City, Kenya
- Employees can work remotely
Copia gives all consumers access to high-quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology, or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents, and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using our website www.copia.co.ke, USSD, or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
We are looking for the best and the brightest web developers to add to our technology team. These individuals must have experience translating concepts and specifications into usable and efficient line of business and public-facing applications using Wordpress. They should also possess a keen eye for design, detail and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform an end to end software development life cycle (SDLC) projects and activities.
- Simulation and modeling of software.
- Testing software and assuring its quality.
- Implement the localization or globalization of the software as per the market needs.
- Performance tuning, balancing, improvement, automation, and usability.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Produce technical specifications from design documents.
- Analyze user requirements and produce functional specifications if called upon to do so.
- Modify existing software, based on technical specifications.
- Locate and fix reported defects as required.
- Run unit tests to ensure developed software has the minimum of defects.
- Complete work to estimates and within previously agreed timescales.
- Complete all work, documentation or software, to the highest possible standards.
- Provide assistance to all departments in the resolution of issues.
- Ensure that peer-to-peer code reviews are always done during a development cycle and that outcomes are used in bettering the products.
- Ensure that the development process is following and required coding processes carried out.
- Have a willingness and ability to learn and apply new development techniques.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Engineering or an Information Science related field or equivalent and relevant work-related experience and /or training.
- Minimum three years of web development experience in a competitive environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience in PHP and WordPress.
- Experience working with front end frameworks like VueJS, Angular etc
- Experience creating/modifying WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience implementing web designs as provided by the designers into actual sites.
- Experience with designing responsive websites.
- Working knowledge of the general tech landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High sense of initiative.
- Good appreciation of change management skills.
- Should have good organizational skills.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.