Depot Supervisor - Meru
- Meru - Maua Rd, Meru, Kenya
Copia gives all consumers access to high-quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology, or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents, and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using our website www.copia.co.ke, USSD, or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
About the Role:
Copia is growing extremely fast and is seeking an outstanding Depot Supervisor. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for:
Delivery and Fleet Management Support
- Oversee fleet/delivery activities to observe dynamic route deployment is achieved and maintained.
- Enforce on-time departure of trucks.
- Monitor and ensure same-day returns to the depot.
- Monitor and support drive APP usage to full compliance by ensuring availability of phones in all routes.
- Monitor and ensure all dispatched products are delivered on time and in perfect condition.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to vehicle safety procedures as well as driver and delivery assistant orientation programs
Receiving of Goods
- Ensure that goods are received as pre-alerted from FC or suppliers (as per LPO) details
- Stage all goods received in the warehouse as per route locations ready for dispatch the following morning. All matching order summaries to be placed at route locations
Dispatching of Goods
- Maximize the efficiency of dispatching goods within agreed timelines.
- Manage the returns process as guided by the returns policy.
Delivery boxes management
- Be accountable for delivery boxes and ensure that boxes received into the depot tally with those dispatched to the field.
- Establish a customer-focused culture by participating in the implementation of initiatives aimed at achieving customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention, both internally and externally.
Health & Safety
- Comply with the company's health, safety, and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within Copia management systems.
- Diploma in any business-related field.
- Experience managing warehouse operations and staff
- Proven track record of getting things done, beginning to end
- Self-starter with creative problem solving and ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Good English and Kiswahili
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.