Business Development Representative
- 307 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018, USA
Who We Are:
ConveyIQ is changing the way companies communicate and engage with candidates by helping talent acquisition teams operate like highly functioning marketing teams. We focus on three things: helping our clients create remarkable hiring experiences that make them an employer of choice, automating pesky recruiters tasks, and speeding up the interview process.
Brands such as NBCUniversal, Warby Parker, Equinox, MIT, Airbnb, and The New York Times, are enriching candidate hiring experiences with our platform.
From our offices in the heart of New York City, we are a fast-paced, venture-backed, start-up, fostering a culture of learning, improvement and growth. For more information about the company, check us out at www.conveyiq.com.
What you’ll do:
You are the battery, the alternator, and the starter to our engine. You are the offensive lineman to a quarterback. You will be where our sales process starts. This role is focused on the outbound effort of setting qualified conversations for our account executive team. You will do this through a combination of email, phone, and social touchpoints. This isn't the boiler room, we are more about quality than we are about quantity. Once you prove yourself in the BDR area, this role has a direct path to an Account Executive role (if that's what you want!).
What you will help us with:
- Identify companies and their recruiting leaders who should leverage ConveyIQ (we also have target ideal customer lists)
- Conducting early-stage conversations with prospects to identify their needs, evangelize our software, and share how clients are being successful
- Qualifying opportunities and setting demos for the Account Executive Team
- Being creative. I am not sure we’ve ever said no to an idea to generate business (but sorry, we aren’t flying around a ConveyIQ flag by plane in 30 cities though…)
- Provide prospects with a wow first experience. Treat them like humans, not a number
What we need you to have:
- 6 months of post-graduation work experience, previous BDR experience is a huge plus
- Bachelor's degree
- A gift of gab. Flow like Nas or write like Shakespeare we don’t care - but you can make an audience interested
- A data-driven approach. Are you the CEO of your desk?
- An entrepreneurial attitude
The Hiring Process
- Phone Call with the Director of Sales
- On-site interview with Director of Sales and EVP of Sales and Success
- On-site or call with our CEO
- Competitive Compensation, Commission, and equity participation
- 100% of employee’s health insurance, vision and dental
- 401(k) plan
- Dog-friendly office and open floor plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.