Principal/Senior Software Engineer
- S Claremont St, San Mateo, CA, USA
We, Contract Wrangler, based out of the US, a venture-backed Saas startup that is partnering with several giant enterprise software companies. We are addressing a huge market, have a deployed SaaS product, are booking revenue, and ramping both technology and sales.
What we do: uncover valuable business insights from neglected corporate documents by applying proprietary machine learning and advanced analytics. The result: companies can boost revenues, reduce expenses, and lower business risk. check out our profile for more details - https://cw.contractwrangler.com/
What You’ll Do:
The Principal/Senior Software Engineer is a Full Stack application engineer who plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle. Besides development, this individual will work cross-functionally with the company’s infrastructure, security, product, and other development teams.
● Build and implement next-generation SaaS applications that include front-end, BPM services layer and back-end integrations.
● Validate requirements and system design.
● Automate and streamline existing processes, procedures, and toolsets.
● Ensure code paths are unit tested and defect free.
● Participate in full integration testing.
● Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment.
● Work with nearshore and offshore teams
● Interact with partners and vendors.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Self Time Management
- Peer Relationships
- Standing Alone
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
● Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
● Ability to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices.
Are We a Match?
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
● Minimum 5 years of system development experience using a variety of the following technologies:
- NodeJS, ReactJS, ExpressJS, Python
- Web Services: REST, SOAP
- Application Design: Model-View-Controller (MVC/MVC2), Object Oriented Programming, RESTful web services
- Working Unix experience
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
● Can take a mock and convert it to a working application end to end (from styling to web services)
● Solid & deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, asset pipelines)
● Solid understanding of Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
● Experience with building responsive, consumer facing web applications
● Proven track record in developing high quality, performant, and maintainable applications
● Solid understanding of version control systems such as Git and bitbucket
● Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
● Experience using different development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
● Disciplined approach to software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, quality assurance)
● Work well within and outside the team.
● Prior work experience with startup culture (collaboration, handle competing priorities etc.)
● Masters or PhD is a plus
● Significant experience in SaaS web applications
● A history of open-source contribution
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.