Part Time Bookkeeper
- 399 Taylor Blvd #210, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523, USA
Hello. We are CCIH.
Are you seeking a new role that fully utilizes your talents and potential—while helping to make the world a better place? If so, please read on!
What are you passionate about?
At CCIH—we’re focused on “ending homelessness one family at a time.” We strive to be inclusive, compassionate, and responsive to community needs. We accomplish our work with integrity, accountability, gratitude, and humor.
Contra Costa Interfaith Housing’s mission is to end homelessness and poverty by providing permanent, affordable housing and vital support services to homeless and at-risk families and individuals in Contra Costa County.
Our vision is that every family in our community has secure housing and the dignity of self-sufficiency. We believe all children deserve living conditions that support their development into productive and healthy members of our community.
Could our mission be your mission?
The Part Time Bookkeeper position (currently 20 hours per week, may grow to 30 hours) reports to the Controller. The positions’ primary responsibilities are accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and some light filing. The purpose of this role is to support the CCIH Controller to ensure accurate and timely financial transactions and recordings.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Enter agency transactions into the Quickbooks Online accounting system including expenses, employee reimbursements, credit card transactions, and some income transactions. Code those transactions per the guidance and oversight of the Controller.
- Create payments and mail checks to vendors.
- Prepare bank deposits and deliver to bank on a timely basis and as directed by Controller.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Do timely and accurate filing of financial transactions.
- Assist in preparation of the annual audit.
- Support the Director of Development in some of the financial processes for the annual fundraiser, in collaboration with the Controller.
- Other accounting-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Quickbooks Online highly desirable.
- Extensive computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Previous experience with payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years bookkeeping and / or accounting experience required.
- Ability to learn new software systems and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Strong organizational, time management, follow up, and project management skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with little supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work in a small office environment.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Submit cover letter and resume, including salary requirements.
Please address these questions in your cover letter for bonus points.
· What’s the proudest moment in your life?
· What was the last thing you were curious about?
· What's one personal or professional area of development you're working on?
· In order of importance, what are the values that are most important to you?
· Please share a personal or professional challenge and your approach?
· Please describe the practices you use to manage your stress.
· What's the difference between a good leader vs. a great leader?
Salary is contingent upon skill and experience.
Contra Costa Interfaith Housing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation.
CCIH believes in and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.