DB2 DBA - Mainframe
- Chicago, IL
Mainframe DB2 DBA
• The scope of effort includes all items identified below. The candidate needs to have a good level working knowledge of the Mainframe Database (DB2) identified within.
• In support of the task, the candidate shall perform the activities such as those described within.
Work Experience Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Drive architecture roadmap, reference architecture and standard efforts. Provide leadership in all technical aspects of assigned projects, programs and portfolios
• Architect complex end-to-end solutions across distributed, host and business intelligence environments
• Functional experience is required with the following technologies:
• Managing system catalogs
• Manage application data and database environments, performing reorganizations when required to optimize performance
• Database and related object security – manage user ids, rights and privileges
• DB2 administration on z/OS, SQL creation, DB2 command line creation and execution, DB2 performance tuning,
• Physical database definition (DDL) and understanding of logical database design
• Implement DBDC (CICS, DB2, or IMS) security compliance corrections
• Monitoring – threads, table space and index spaces.
• Monitoring instances for events and resolution/escalations
• Performance tuning – Database and SQL tuning
• DB2 recycle
• DB2 Image copy (full/incremental)
• Database creation
• Grant/revoke of authorities
• DB2 archive logs
• Having experience of DR setup through various synch methods
• Build and maintenance of database and related objects like table space, tables, indexes, views, triggers etc.
• Online utilities -CHECKDATA, COPY, QUIESCE, REPAIR, REORG, LOAD, UNLOAD etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.